NOC, pronounced as “Knock,” stands for Network Operations Centre. In this guide, we will give all readers essential and much-needed information about NOC. You can learn what NOC is, the working process of a NOC software, the key benefits you can expect from a NOC software, etc., by the end of this guide. So, if you are interested in exploring all about NOC, make sure to go through this guide as soon as possible.
Noc: What It Is And Some Basic Information
The Network Operations Centre, which generally goes by the name NOC, refers to one or multiple locations from which network monitoring, control, and management are exercised over several devices, including computers, telecommunications, satellite networks, etc. NOC Monitoring Services generally provide a centralized location that allows technicians to maintain, supervise, and control a company’s IT infrastructure 24/7 for the optimal growth and security of the company. NOC service providers come under the business-to-business or B2-B service providers who are not directly involved in network operations.
The Working Process Of Noc Software
Maintaining a great network performance and reducing downtime as far as applicable is the fundamental objective of any NOC software. As a result, the working process of NOC software generally includes lots of complicated tasks. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Monitoring network servers, applications, and devices for health and performance
- Monitoring the network continuously for security threats
- Installing, updating, as well as troubleshooting several applications
- Analyzing the bandwidth thoroughly and identifying bandwidth hogs
- Providing support to Firewall management
What Are The Key Features To Look For In Noc Software?
Outsourced NOC services are highly essential for MSP and MSP managing complex networks. However, if you are also planning to run NOC software for your business needs, here are some key features you must know about the NOC software mentioned below.
- NOC software provides remote access to its users. As a result, you can enjoy the full accessibility of your selected NOC software from anywhere, anytime.
- Mostly all NOC software comes with a high level of visibility.
- NOC software also comes with automated patch management. Therefore the software can take care of the patching while providing great and up-to-date performance to users.
- The alerting system of NOC software is extremely robust and powerful. As a result, the entire software does not allow you to miss single development information.
- This software always comes with powerful web-based protection. In this way, NOC Services allow users to set a custom blocklist and an allow list at their convenience.
- Last but not least, they manage all types of threats from viruses. As a result, your device and networks keep you safe from both known and unknown threats.
These, in short, were the fundamental things everyone should know about NOC monitoring services. So now that you have collected the much-needed information about NOC monitoring, hopefully, you will select the right NOC software and employ it professionally for the abrupt growth of your business.