In the tech world, things change quickly. As new trends are continually evolving, it can be difficult to stay up to date. Yet it is important to remain on top of the emerging innovations transforming your market to accelerate growth, meet business targets, and stay competitive. It can be challenging to add latest technology insights to the table without timely and appropriate knowledge of advantages of modern technology.
The mentality of “never stop learning” is necessary to continue to get new innovation information and technologies. Read the blog, to learn some quick ways to update your teams and cultivate a knowledge-learning attitude and help them keep up-to-date with the new developments that advance the business.
- Reading the latest reports: To help you discover emerging innovations on the market, there is no lack of digital tools. These reports focuses on the results of technology sector firms and will help shed light on current developments, technologies to be implemented, and those at the forefront of conventional technology.
- Follow latest technology news: With new updates appearing almost daily, it is important to have a network of industry professionals to turn to for advice. To build a personalized dashboard or news stream that you can read off-line, use applications such as Panda or Wallet. Follow leading opinion leaders in business magazines such as TechCrunch and Recode, and watch relevant content on Wired, Two Minute Articles, The Verge. To easily send you the latest, high-level insights, these media sources condense complicated subjects into digestible formats.
- Attend webinars and live events: Nowadays, there are many webinars being held by experts of various fields to impart knowledge to the viewers. Attending technology focussed webinars can be a great way to understand the advanced technology updates.
- Sign up to newsletters: Sign up for new feature updates and announcement emails, such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure, from leading technology platforms. Opting-in to these alerts means that your mailbox is delivered every day with the newest trends, best practices, and opportunities.
- Keeping a tab on the open-source communities: New technologies are also the first to be embraced by the open-source community. Trending projects can be a clear predictor of the competitive environment and general best practices in these societies. To see what’s on the horizon, discover trending projects or top starred projects on github. Although your company may not be prepared to implement these innovations, it will allow you to find opportunities and predict potential market effects by understanding what’s out there.
- Knowledge sharing and team collaboration: Staying updated can feel daunting with so much fresh information available everyday. Making it more manageable by allocating to each team member a technology field to focus and then share the updates to the team. Encourage each colleague to perform their own research and become in that field the go-to thought-leader. In daily meetings put staff members together to exchange information, while setting up a common resource room that will allow the most valuable outcomes to the whole team.
- Reminder cards: Cue cards help keep the new technological developments at the forefront of your mind. Print your own, or use cards from software such as MethodKit, and record on your own card each form of new technology. This act as a reminder of the emerging developments available and promote the introduction of new technology into your project ideas.
- Online courses: At the press of a button, webinars, video lectures, and online courses are all open, and mostly for free. Huge Open Online Courses (MOOCs) like Coursera and EdX deliver classes that can be taken at your convenience from approved universities. If your company is searching for any in-house training, several organizations provide training on site, giving a classroom experience.
Technology is evolving at a growing pace; to remain up-to-date, we need to employ several techniques. Be open to new knowledge and create an open source of latest facts and news. Understand that in a vacuum, there is no progress but inertia. So practise some of the above-mentioned ways to get the latest technology updates and seek out maximum advantages of these modern technologies for your business or any other purpose. Remember, staying aware of emerging technology trends is outrightly beneficial.